Importance of Surah Baqarahadmin
Surah Baqarah is the largest in length consists of 286 verses, considered the longest Surah of Quran and 2nd Surah of the Holy Quran. It is a Madni Surah as Surah Baqarah was revealed in Medina on Prophet Muhammad (SAW). Holy Quran is compromises of different surahs and chapters and all of them have their own importance. Surah Baqarah is said to be one of those special Surahs and has significance on others Surah of the Holy Quran due to some reasons.
With Surah Baqarah Allah Almighty introduces us with different teachings of and guides us about three types of people. One is those who will get benefit from the guidance of the Quran. Second, are those who won’t, and third are one who is only pretending to be people of the Quran. The remaining Surah is based on our precious history, life teachings, and methods. Surah Baqarah has numerous benefits and has amazing rewards in this life and in the hereafter.
Benefits of Surah Baqarah:
There are several benefits of Surah Baqarah some of them are written below:
● In the house where Surah Baqarah is recited Shaytan will not enter. Abu Hurayrah (RA) said that the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said: “Do not turn your houses into graves. Verily, Shaytan does not enter the house where Surah Al-Baqarah is recited” (Tirmidhi)
● Surah al Baqarah helps to protect the person who recites it against the evil eye, witchcraft, evil whispers, and it also brings immense barakah into one’s time and overall peace in life.
● Holy Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said: “Indeed Allah wrote in a book two thousand years before He created the heavens and the earth, and He sent down two Ayahs (verses) from it to end Surah al Baqarah with. If they are recited for three nights in a home, no Shaitan (devil) shall come near it.” (Tirmidhi)
● Surah Baqarah brings greater reward on The Day of Judgment and adds blessings in this worldly life. In hadith Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said: “Recite the Quran, for on the Day of Resurrection it will come as an intercessor for those who recite It. Recite the two bright ones, al-Baqarah, and Surah Al ‘Imran, for on the Day of Resurrection they will come as two clouds or two shades, or two flocks of birds in ranks, pleading for those who recite them. Recite Surah al-Baqarah, to take recourse to it is a blessing and to give it up is a cause of grief, and the magicians cannot confront it.” (Muslim)
● The last verses of Surah al-Baqarah are one of the most memorized verses of the Quran among Muslims and it is for a good reason. In hadith Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said: “Whoever recites the last two verses of Surah al-Baqarah by night that will suffice him” (Bukhari)
We all should try our best to recite the Quran so that we can have a proper understanding and act upon its teaching by memorizing it. May Allah allow us all to bring His verses into our hearts and make them a means of enlightening our hearts, lives, and grave.