The 4 Qul Surahs are part of the Quran that is frequently recited by Muslims. They are called the “Qul” surahs because all of them begin with the Arabic word “Qul,” which means “say” or “declare.”
4 Qul Surahs, Meaning of Qul
The “4 Qul Surahs” are a group of four short Surahs in the Quran, These Surahs are often recited individually or collectively for protection, blessings, and guidance.
- Surah Al-Ikhlas (Chapter of Sincerity),
- Surah Al-Kafirun (Chapter of Disbelievers).
- Surah Al-Falaq (Chapter of Dawn),
- Surah An-Nas (Chapter of Mankind)
The 4 Qul Surahs in English and Urdu Translation
Surah Al-Ikhlas is a short Surah of the Quran consisting of only four verses. It emphasizes the oneness of God and is referred to as the “heart” of the Quran.
Surah Al-Ikhlas with Urdu Translation
Surah Al-Ikhlas English Translation
- Say: He, Allah, is One.
- Allah, Who is sought by all.
- He begets not nor was He begotten.
- And there is none comparable to Him.
Surah Al-Kafirun is a Surah consisting of six verses.It emphasises the importance of respecting each other’s beliefs and not forcing others to accept one’s own beliefs.
Surah Al-Kafirun with Urdu Translation
Surah Al-Kafirun English Translation
- Say, “O disbelievers.
- I do not worship what you worship.
- Nor are you worshippers of what I worship.
- Nor will I be a worshipper of what you worship.
- Nor will you be worshippers of what I worship.
- For you is your religion, and for me is my religion.
Surah Al-Falaq is a brief Surah consisting of five verses. It asks Allah for protection from evil and harm, specifically from things that may come at night, such as magic and envy.
Surah Al-Falaq with Urdu Translation
Surah Al-Falaq English Translation
- Say, “I seek refuge in the Lord of daybreak.
- From the evil of what He created.
- And from the evil of darkness when it settles.
- And from the evil of the blowers in knots.
- And from the evil of an envier when he envies.
Surah An-Nas is also a short Surah consisting of six verses. It seeks refuge with Allah from the whispers of the Devil and his influence on human hearts.
Surah An-Nas with Urdu Translation
Surah An-Nas English Translation
- Say: I seek refuge with the Lord of humankind.
- The Sovereign of humankind.
- The God of humankind.
- From the harm [and mischief] of the insidious whisperer.
- Who whispers into the hearts of humankind.
- From among the jinn and humankind.
Muslims often recite these four surahs during daily prayers, before going to bed, or during times of distress and difficulty. and are a reminder of God’s power, mercy, and guidance.